NEW PATHS FOR EDUCATION PROGRAM
The New Paths for Education program aims to finance initiatives that help strengthen Aboriginal education and improve the quality of instruction in schools managed by First Nations.
Procedure and general information2017-2018 INAC Guidelines and General Information 2018-2019 INAC Guidelines and General Information
Formerly known as Gathering Strength, the New Paths for Education program aims to finance initiatives that help strengthen Aboriginal education and improve the quality of instruction in schools managed by First Nations. Since 2011-2012, the program has included the First Nations SchoolNet Program, Parental Involvement and Community Engagement, and Teacher Recruitment and Retention initiatives. The program objectives are to:
- strengthen First Nation education management and governance through the development of local capacity and educational institutions;
- improve the effectiveness of classroom instruction through curriculum and language development, teaching method improvement, and information and communication technologies (ICT);
- foster parental and community involvement in child and youth education to create an environment conducive to learning;
- assist band-operated schools to recruit and retain qualified teachers and educators by providing them with interesting professional development opportunities;
- promote information and communication technologies (ICT) in schools.
Important dates and forms
Important dates for 2017-2018:
NPE final report : April 27, 2018
*To use the PDF forms, you need version 11 of Adobe Reader